I have been teaching the Great Highland Bagpipe for over 10 years, and in that time have gained an insight into the way people learn and how I should adapt my teaching style to suit the individual. I actively look for opportunities to develop a passion for traditional music in all of my students and believe that piping is an excellent place to start.
£15 per 30 minute lesson.
Each lesson is conducted individually with all music and exercises sheets provided. Your own practice chanter and/or bagpipe is required to fully engage with the practical aspects any lesson, however music theory can be covered in their absence.
Lessons are charged in advance for blocks of 10, however alternative arrangements can be made if requested.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 8 Bagpipe Practical (Honours) - NIPDS
- Grade 8 Music Theory (Honours) - NIPDS
- Band Master of Campbell College Pipe Band 2015 - Present
- Director of Northern Ireland Piping and Drumming School 2016/17
- Pipe Major of Major Sinclair Memorial Pipe Band 4B 2013/14
- Peripatetic Music Teacher in Campbell College, Wellington College, Ashfield Boys, Ballyclare Secondary, Abbey Community College, Fairview Primary, Kings Park Primary