I have been a composer, performer, and teacher of the Great Highland Bagpipe for over 10 years and in that time have traveled the world playing throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. I have had the pleasure of performing with The Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland, The National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland, and the Galician piper Carlos Núñez. Whilst under 18, I won many of the top solo piping awards at competitions in both Northern Ireland and Scotland such as The Highlands and Islands Young Piper of the Year and The Young Player of the Year.
At senior level, I won the All Ireland Open Piobaireachd in 2010, at which point my piping career was put on hold for a number of years whilst I read Mathematics at Imperial College London. However, I have once again immersed myself in the traditional music that I love and have made a career from my passion.
Campbell College Pipe Band
Campbell College Pipe Band was formed in 1909, and is currently one of the oldest active pipe bands in Northern Ireland. Having developed my passion for piping as a student there, I have now returned in the capacity of Band Master to ensure the continuation of this wonderful tradition.
Ashfield Boys' High School
Piping lessons take place on Monday mornings at Ashfield Boys' High School and are funded by the Ulster Scots Agency. I currently have 9 students.
Piping and Drumming lessons take place on Wednesday mornings at Wellington College Belfast and are funded by the Ulster Scots Agency. I currently have 16 students.
Ballyclare Secondary School
Piping and Drumming lessons take place on Thursday afternoons at Ballyclare Secondary School and are funded by the Ulster Scots Agency. I currently have 12 students.
Fairview Primary School
Drumming lessons take place on Thursday mornings at Fairview Primary School and are funded by the Ulster Scots Agency. I currently have 37 students.
Major Sinclair Memorial Pipe Band
The Major Sinclair Memorial Pipe Band is based in the Torrens Hall, Doagh and are the current Grade 4A World Champions. I am a Pipe Major here, focusing on the development of all of the young and not so young learners within the organisation and assisting all members with musical interpretation and technique.
- Highland Bagpipes - I have been playing the Great Highland Bagpipe for over 10 years.
- Grade 1 Pipe Bands - I currently play with Cullybackey Pipe Band in Grade 1 and have previously played with Bleary & District Pipe Band whilst in Grade 1.
- Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland - I have completed several tours with the CBOI in both Europe and America, the most recent of which seen us play in Carnegie Hall.
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland - I played with the NYPBoS for several years and was selected from their numbers to play with Carlos Núñez at the Ortigueira Music Festival, Spain
- 2010 - All Ireland Open Piobaireachd Champion
- 2009 - The Young Player of the Year
- 2008 - The Highlands and Islands Young Piper of the Year
- 2007 - Kintyre Piobaireachd Champion
- 2006 - Juvenile Ulster Champion